Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Deadline: 09-Sep-18 00:00:00
Salary: Competitive, ranging from 1,000,000 AMD to 3,000,000 AMD, M grade.
Ameriabank CJSC is looking for a creative, experienced, visionary, dynamic and motivated Head of Innovation Center with innovative mindset and strong leadership skills, who will be responsible for leading Ameriabank strategic technology initiatives and response to Fintech, R&D activities, generation and exploration of new ideas, concepts and business opportunities for tomorrow through portfolio of proof of concepts, business cases and innovation pilots. Head of Innovation Center will drive cultural change around innovation, establishing new ways of working and new streamlined processes to enable faster, cheaper, more effective idea generation and innovation, including through effective leadership and participation in innovation-related initiatives. The incumbent will report to the Chief Innovation and Digital Officer of the Bank and drive an innovation vision, work with and influence senior stakeholders across Ameriabank, with high visibility to senior executives of the Bank, including the Chairman of the Board.
- Work with Chief Innovation and Digital Officer and the business lines to identify key Fintech trends relevant to banking, payments and other financial and non-financial services, and define compelling innovation agenda and responses to them;
- As subject matter expert, provide and share recommendations on how Fintech trends can be taken forward by Ameriabank businesses e.g. into pilots or projects;
- Lead and drive R&D activities, generation of new ideas, exploration of new business opportunities, proactively shape a portfolio of innovation pilots that have clear strategic focus, utility and alignment, and make most effective use of funding available;
- As subject matter expert, work with business teams and senior management to identify suitable innovation initiatives, Fintech partners, shape and develop credible proof of concepts and pilots, and facilitate process of gaining approval;
- Develop process to scale solutions and capabilities into production post-PoC, through in-house projects or commercial partnerships, investments in Fintechs;
- As subject matter expert, share intelligence outside of Ameriabank to position the Company as a thought leader, represent the innovation agenda and Ameriabank Innovation team in internal and external forums, share the innovation story to inspire and motivate colleagues, and influence the Ameriabank and industry on the future of banking;
- Build strong relationships with the businesses to ensure continuous alignment between innovation initiatives and business need;
- Build, develop and retain a motivated high performing Innovation team committed to achieving success through each other, enhance the capabilities of the team in the areas of commerciality, understanding of business value drivers and emerging technologies;
- Champion the cultural change needed to create a world class Innovation team, committed to excellent client service and powerful influencing and consultancy;
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, risk management framework and internal policies and standards;
- Define innovation performance metrics based on overall business objectives, reporting on performance and suggestions on possible areas of improvement.
- Master's Degree in relevant disciplines is desired (preferably in Management, Economics or Information Technology and Computer Engineering);
- At least 5 years of innovation and digital management experience in a large local, international or global organization;
- At least 10 years of experience in any of the following spheres: banking, IT or telecommunication;
- Broad experience and understanding of banking industry and technologies, up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices;
- Thought leadership: demonstrable expertise in driving new thinking and approaches, and successfully influencing senior leaders to adopt them;
- Fintech and competitor insight: strong experience of driving action from key trends;
- Ability to create new hypotheses, develop pilot solutions rapidly, test rigorously and quickly act to move to implementation;
- Strong leadership, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent negotiation, relationship management skills and high level of diplomacy in order to have the necessary levels of influence and impact;
- Executive level interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Significant experience in building and leading high performance teams; ability to set priorities, delegate, motivate and develop staff, coach them to become top performers and communicate objectives and goals;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Excellent analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/ financial skills;
- Strong ability to lead diverse teams across different functions;
- Excellent knowledge of and fluency in Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- Enthusiasm and engagement in developing exceptional service and solutions for tomorrow business.