Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Type: Full Time
Deadline: 06-Apr-19 12:00:00 AM
Salary: Highly competitive salary, plus benefits such as flexible vacation policy, free lunch every day, snacks and munchies, comprehensive health plans, wellness program, team outings.
ServiceTitan is looking for a candidate for the position of Principal Architect. The incumbent will be part of the Engineering team to help improve its products and build new ones. The Company provides an opportunity for the Principal Architect to develop the major features in the startup. The ideal candidate must have a strong background in responsive web application development and a proven ability to provide technical leadership and strong process management.
- Design, implement and improve critical systems and components powering ServiceTitan stack;
- Build tools to increase efficiency of all the engineers;
- Identify opportunities to extract or develop systems beneficial for multiple teams;
- Improve the security, availability, reliability, and performance of the products;
- Mentor and guide the engineers;
- Perform 60% development work and 40% other job-related tasks;
- Work closely with Recruiting, in particular interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (HackerRank tests);
- Improve IC performance, processes, and quality across the whole Engineering team;
- Drive/ participate in all major architectural and strategic decisions;
- Contribute to the roadmap and resource planning;
- Determine metrics for success and constantly measure them;
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, engineers, product managers, customers, and partners.
- Bachelor's, master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field;
- At least 8 years of industry experience, including with large scale enterprise web/ SaaS applications;
- At least 3 years of experience in senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers);
- Expert-level knowledge of:
a) Microsoft .NET technology stack (C#/.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other);
c) Taking existing monolithic applications to a domain based, service-driven paradigm;
d) Large scale 3rd party integrations;
e) Basic Microsoft Windows administration, including IIS administration;
f) Performance/ reliability monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog, Application Insights);
g) Log/ metric collection and analysis tools (e.g. Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, DataDog, Interana)
h) Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, Visual Studio, JIRA and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack;
i) Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools (TeamCity or similar);
j) Administration and building automation for Azure, AWS or other public cloud technology;
- Ability to empathize with the users and champion for their experience;
- Knowledge of Python/ Unix, Java, mobile platforms or other technology stack is a plus;
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.