Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Category: Product/Project Management
Type: Full time
Deadline: 29-Sep-18 00:00:00
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the Program Manager and in close collaboration with the management teams of the Program, the incumbent will:
Research and communications support
- Contribute with elements of research and/or analysis for development of capacity development models; complies background materials for discussions and briefing sessions.
- Support data analysis for programmatic components of the projects.
- Provide support in communication with project partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Contribute to preparation of written materials, reports within the assigned area. Support projects communication activities and ensure the projects visibility in print, broadcast and social media; draft information for web-pages and follow up with regular updates.
Administrative and financial support
- Provide support to program and projects management in day-to-day coordination, arrangement of timely implementation of activities․
- Provide support to the program and projects management in planning, daily implementation, coordination and monitoring of annual work plan activities; liaise with․
- Government entities and other stakeholders on consultations, provide information related to the expected project outputs․
- Compile, analyse, summarize data and records of program activities․
- Ensure accurate observance of administrative rules, regulations and procedures in line with the UNDP SOPs for Recruitment/Procurement/Finance․
- Assume administrative responsibility in arrangement of meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences, advisory board meeting and other, draft agendas prepare knowledge products, documentation, visibility materials, press releases for media and stakeholders; prepare notes and drafts minutes of working meetings, workshops, advisory board meetings; draft correspondence relating to assigned project areas; clarify, follow up, respond to requests for information in coordination with projects team(s).
- Assist the program and projects management in preparing budget revisions, monthly, quarterly, progress and financial reports․
- Prepare and submit Requests for Direct payments to the UNDP Country Office, maintain financial records, monitor and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements, other data for day-to-day transactions and report․
- Ensure smooth financial operation of project activities and follow up on all financial transactions. Prepare vouchers requisitions, create receipts and monitor projects budgets in Atlas, maintains Atlas logs.
- Ensure maintenance of records on assets management. Act as the custodian for office furniture, including maintenance of inventory records, preparation of detailed reports as required.
- Maintain accurate records of leave taken and due for all projects staff.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback․
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude․
- Remains positive and composed even under pressure․
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: University degree in finance, economics, political, social sciences or another related field.
Experience: 5 years of relevant administrative and programme/research experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects is an asset, as is knowledge of the latest development tools including applied user research.
Computer skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Languages: Fluency in English and Armenian.
- High level of integrity and professionalism. Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of
- responsibility and discretion.
- Ability to handle big volume and scope of simultaneous tasks, as well as work under the pressure and in circumstances of diverse interests.
- Demonstrated strong team spirit.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.