Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Deadline: 29-Sep-18 00:00:00
Salary: Competitive, based on previous experience.
Teach For Armenia is looking for an extremely professional, visionary and highly organized individual for the position of Selection Manager to ensure an efficient system and mechanisms to select most promising future leaders of all academic disciplines and career interests from Armenia and Diaspora for the Leadership Development Program. Apart from being qualified for the job, the Foundation needs someone who shares its vision and mission and is aligned with its Core Values: Striving for Excellence, Constant Learning and Growth, Dedication and Resilience, Integrity and Humility. These Core Values are a vital component of the Organization's culture to ensure long-term and sustainable success, and therefore they are viewed as an important component for the selection of new team members and Fellows.
Selection (60% of the time):
- Design the selection process (including selection competencies, application design, and assessment centers) of the most promising young Armenians who will be successful Fellows and life long advocates for the movement for educational equity;
- Oversee the execution of the selection process, manage the workflow of applications, reviews, phone interviews, testings, assessment;
- Manage positive relationships with candidates from application to school placement, including the creation and use of high-impact written communications, handbooks, procedural documents, etc.;
- Oversee the implementation of an online application and tracking system;
- Work with the executive leadership team to coordinate other stakeholder involvement in the selection process;
- Train and supervise selection support staff, and develop a strategy for quality assurance on selection decisions;
- Manage a selection and outcomes research agenda to inform future changes;
- Oversee logistical and administrative arrangements for the selection process;
- Set and achieve ambitious goals by converting offers into acceptances;
- Work with the Head of RSM in overseeing the selection budget.
Matriculation (30% of the time):
- Develop a strong communication plan with applicants at all stages, including developing matriculation materials for selected applicants with support from the communications team;
- Oversee matriculation of selected applicants for the Leadership Development Program by providing associate team support and guidance (TBC);
- Constantly review and improve efficiency of the workflow and process.
Recruitment (10%of time):
- Support with recruitment efforts and activities, especially during peak recruitment season.
- Bachelor's degree; graduate degree is preferable;
- Uncommon level of personal responsibility with exceptional goal orientation and a proven track record of success;
- Exceptional optimism about what is possible even in the face of daunting challenges and excitement about achieving very ambitious strategy and development goals;
- Excellent research skills: ability to locate, process and analyse publicly available information and data (ability to draw out strategy and goals from research);
- Comfortable with and highly satisfied by creating and managing back-end systems and operations;
- Ability to effectively manage up and collaborate productively with peers to achieve ambitious, measurable results;
- Critical thinking and prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrated leadership capability in building and maintaining of a successful brand identity;
- Ability to think strategically and willingness to take calculated risks to build Teach For Armenia's brand;
- Excellent team player who is willing to work collaboratively with other stakeholders and to develop a high performing team;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally through the Teach For All Global network opportunities.
- Proven expertise in selection design and implementation;
- Enthusiastic about the Company's mission and values, deep belief in the importance of inspiring/ investing external people in the mission, and high expectations for how Teach For Armenia is viewed by external stakeholders and general public;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Highly organised person capable of managing self and a team to meet demanding deadlines in a time bound environment;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills; experience creating efficient systems to juggle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Immense attention to detail;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages, both oral and written; good knowledge of Russian language is strongly desired;
- Excellence when operating in high pressure deadline oriented environments;
- Adaptability and flexibility in work approach and problem solving; critical thinking skills;
- Data-driven mindset and passion about analysis and diagnostics.