Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Deadline: 07-Sep-18 00:00:00
The PI/ External Relations Assistant will be responsible for ensuring proper correspondence, translation and interpretation, preparing programmatic papers, etc.
- Design and develop promotional materials and documentation for publicizing (leaflets, banners, life stories of beneficiaries, press releases, photo-reporting, posters, articles, print-outs, etc.);
- Identify, collect, classify, analyze and store any significant information connected to the programs run by Mission Armenia (MA) NGO for internal and public use;
- Write proposals, concept notes and carry out other activities related to fundraising covering the following main themes: refugee assistance, humanitarian assistance, poverty reduction, social partnership, disability, aging;
- Design and develop PowerPoint presentations both in Armenian and English languages and make presentations at roundtable meetings, fundraising events, etc.;
- Make up, compile and elaborate narrative progress reports;
- Translate MA correspondence, a variety of programmatic papers from Armenian language into English language and vice versa; ensure interpretation at trainings, meetings, etc.;
- Maintain correspondence of managerial staff, including incoming and outgoing messages and letters;
- Arrange in-house distribution of correspondence to the relevant staff members, help with translation of the message texts;
- On an as-needed basis provide relevant technical assistance to the staff regarding paperwork issues, questionnaire completion, report data compilation, etc.;
- Perform other job-related tasks that may be assigned by the Program Manager and President.
- University degree in Human Sciences, Public Relations, Journalism or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience; experience working with UN-funded projects is an asset;
- Good knowledge of branding, marking and reporting requirements of UNHCR;
- High level of computer literacy; proficiency in MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of another language (preferably Russian) is an advantage;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, creative thinking with strong composing and designing capabilities.