Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Deadline: 07-Sep-18 00:00:00
The Research Analyst will be responsible for designing and conducting analyses that respond to internal and external needs for organizational development, business conception, policy research and marketing. The position requires quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting skills. The incumbent should have an understanding of hard and soft sciences, higher education, funding and investments, as well as of market drivers. Additional competencies include fluency in a range of technological tools used in assessment and institutional research such as statistical analysis software. The successful candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to lead and implement projects, be able to collaborate with internal and external colleagues and have a keen attention to detail, be analytical and easily recommend actions based upon the gathered data/ facts. The information and analyses prepared by the incumbent carry fiscal and policy implications. Reports and analyses are used to assist the Organization in planning and decision making.
- Develop research protocol while utilizing best practices in research design, data collection and data analyses;
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information to collect, record, analyze and evaluate facts;
- Conduct extraction-transformation-loading (ETL) of relevant information from multiple large data sets;
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies;
- Summarize project results;
- Prepare progress reports, dashboards and Business Intelligence reports;
- Prepare other articles, reports and presentations;
- Prepare materials for senior management review;
- Monitor the project budget;
- Be an active, willing and cooperative partner with other members of the project teams;
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- Master's degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science; PhD is preferred;
- At least 2 years of recent experience in an applied research/ data management environment;
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, SAS and Excel); knowledge of Tableau is preferred;
- Ability to perform statistical analysis;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge;
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports;
- Knowledge of conventional business practices and cultures is desirable;
- Knowledge of survey design and research methodology;
- Ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills.