Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Deadline: 09-Sep-18 00:00:00
Salary: Competitive, ranging from 2,000,000 AMD to 4,000,000 AMD, M/P grade.
Ameriabank CJSC is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and result-driven Chief Software Engineering Officer with hands-on engineering experience developing at-scale business-oriented software using the latest technologies and software development practices. He/ she will have direct responsibility for the development of banking and business enabling software and digital solutions with a dedicated team of software developers and engineers by applying technical knowledge and experience across full-stack development, front-end and back-end frameworks and agile software development. The Chief Software Engineering Officer will also work closely with the Innovation and Digital Transformation Department and team heads, Products owners, IT Department and Partners to drive the software delivery, ecosystem integrations. The incumbent will report to the CEO of the Bank and drive a technology vision with high visibility to senior executives of the Bank, including the Chairman of the Board.
- Drive strategy and vision for business enabling software and digital solutions architecture;
- Lead by example with production-quality coding skills in several programming languages and frameworks;
- Develop banking and business enabling software and digital and automated solutions ensuring required level of quality to meet business needs and requirements;
- Drive agile software development practices;
- Directly lead engineering and software development teams;
- Partner with the Innovations and Digital Transformation Department, Product owners and teams, IT Department to set the cultural tone for the engineering and business value, ensuring that talent is focused on delivery, and inspired and motivated to build best-in-class software;
- Actively represent the Bank in partner meetings, and lead key technical engagements with vendors, partners and service providers;
- Define software development performance metrics based on overall business objectives, report on performance and suggest possible areas of improvement;
- Manage and organize Software Development and Automation Center's activities, ensuring alignment of resources, team activities and competences with business needs and performance objectives, ensuring team efficiency and productivity.
- Master's degree in relevant disciplines is desired; degree in Information Technology and Computer Engineering is preferred;
- At least 5 years of executive level managerial experience in a local, international or global organization;
- At least 10 years of experience in any of the following spheres: banking, IT, Fintech or telecommunication;
- Broad experience and understanding of banking and fintech industry, up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices;
- Coding skills in several programming languages and frameworks; ?
- Strong leadership and decision making skills;
- Executive level interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Significant experience in building and leading high performance teams, ability to set priorities, delegate, motivate and develop staff, coach them to become top performers and communicate objectives and goals;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Excellent analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/ financial skills;
- Strong ability to lead diverse teams across different functions;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and within constraint;
- Excellent knowledge of and fluency in Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- Enthusiasm and engagement in delivering exceptional service and support to internal teams.