Type: Full time
Deadline: 29-Jul-18 00:00:00
- Lead the strategic planning/positioning processes of the Association to ensure sustainability and relevance of the association’s work;
- Ensure the operational effectiveness of all programmes and guarantee child-care quality according to the organisation’s defined standards and the legislation of the Republic of Armenia;
- Ensure the effective and sustainable management of the national association’s financial and other resources;
- Build the human resources of the association to ensure its long-term growth and stability;
- Ensure strong local rooting by promoting the association’s local integration and by building recognition at all levels in the country. Strengthen the affiliation to the international SOS federation by participation in and contributing to international processes;
- Promote and manage an appropriate image of the organisation both internally and externally, using our values, standards and guidelines as the basis for shaping the brand;
- Ensure the implementation of agreed SOS Children’s Villages International standards;
- Report directly to the chairperson of the board of directors and the CVI representative or in the absence of a board report directly to the CVI representative;
- Foster a professional relationship and maintain close cooperation with the SOS Children’s Villages International; receive guidance, support and monitoring with respect to international; provide specified reports and act on agreements;
- Lead and supervise the National Management Team (programme/facility heads as well as departmental heads);
- Represent the organisation towards government authorities and other external bodies and organisations.
- University degree in business administration, education, social science discipline or similar;
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience at a senior management/executive level in a larger or complex organisation;
- Prior experience in one or more of the following functional areas: fundraising, marketing, human resources, finance/budgeting, social services provision, community development, education;
- Experienced in strategy development, change management, driving innovation;
- English language fluency in addition to the national language;
- Understanding and usage of ICT and virtual collaboration in daily business;
- Readiness to travel nationally and internationally as required;
- Hands-on computer software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.);
- Readiness to travel nationally and internationally as required.
- Understanding the organisation: able to clearly communicate with SOS Children’s Villages, Who We Are (Vision, Mission & Values), policies and strategies in all areas.
- Child rights & child development: Working knowledge in the area of child rights, child protection, child development and family & community development.
- Integrity: able to state views openly and act in line with beliefs, maintain the organisation’s values, maintain deadlines, commitments and ethical standards, ability to gain the trust/ respect of co-workers.
- Collaboration: driven to work with others, able to build partnerships and networks internally and externally.
- People development: driven to improve others; track-record in coaching & mentoring staff, delegation skills, giving/ receiving feedback and identifying development opportunities of co-workers.
- Communication: high-level written and verbal communication/ presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with partners and staff at all levels; ability to represent the organisation externally.
- Intercultural, gender and diversity sensitivity: able to bridge different national or organisational cultures and to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Functional skills: financial management (overview); HR management (working knowledge); project cycle management - planning, implementing, monitoring & evaluating (high level); change management (high level).
- Experience/knowledge in Fundraising and marketing and in applying for public funds (grants & governmental subsidies).