Type: Full Time
Deadline: 26-Jul-18 00:00:00
GIZ is looking for a Technical Assistant to Decentralisation Reforms in Armenia for its "Good Local Governance, South Caucasus (LoGoPro)" Programme.
Deliverable 1: Baseline Assessment of LSG powers:
- Study the existing policy and strategic documents related to local governance and decentralisation in Armenia, including key legal bases, sector monitoring reports, TARA reforms and results, USAID's decentralisation strategy, RA Government's Decentralisation Roadmap, other technical papers and information;
- Discuss with the international consultant the Baseline Assessment approach. The Assessment may entail the following questions: powers of LSG bodies, their typology and definitions, criteria used, distribution of specific powers among different entities and government levels, shared vs exclusive, financial aspects (e.g. funded or not, reasons), implemented vs not implemented (reasons), etc.;
- Conduct the Baseline Assessment based on agreed approach, with technical guidance by the international consultant;
- Consult with relevant stakeholders and reflect on feedback (workshop, seminar, etc.).
Deliverable 2: Recommendations on decentralisation in various priority sectors (see attached file ToR for detailed information):
- Support the international consultant in developing recommendations for changes in existing powers, roles and responsibilities (for selected sectors/ fields), specifically:
a) Provide analytical notes and other required contextual information on specific aspects of powers and functions in selected sectors, as required and defined by the international consultant;
b) Co-draft decentralisation options and change plans, led by the international consultant;
c) Consult with various stakeholders and reflect on feedback (workshop, seminar etc.).
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Public Management, Public Policy, Public Finance or other related fields; postgraduate degree is an advantage;
- Expert level competencies in the area of local self-government and local democracy;
- Deep knowledge and understanding of European Charter on Local Self-Government;
- At least 10 years of experience in Armenia's public administration and local governance sectors;
- At least 5 years of experience in decentralisation reforms in Armenia;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical and writing skills, and proven experience in producing policy papers and other materials;
- Good command of written and spoken English language is an advantage.