Category: Production management
Type: Full time
Deadline: 02-Aug-18 00:00:00
Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on maintenance activities
General and Task Management
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, monthly and yearly checks to ensure smooth operation of site.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Schedule works maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime.
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the Shift management.
- Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken.
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required.
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- Manage systems and equipment data storage and maintain high levels of standards and accuracy.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability.
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances.
Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for Maintenance budgets.
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and Capital Expenditure proposals. Manage the budget from identification to completion of maintenance projects.
- Work as part of the Plant Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with other departments to facilitate delivery and compliance with the maintenance strategy.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, internal customers, suppliers and other service providers
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven people management experience
- Significant experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Technical capability and understanding
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), lean manufacturing
- Experience of managing Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibilities for maintenance
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain
- Good knowledge of English & Russian languages