Category: Data Science/Data Analytics
Type: Full time
Deadline: 25-Mar-18 00:00:00
Candidates who possess most of the following characteristics are encouraged to apply:
- Must be teachable, give and receive feedback, demonstrate success in database administration on a consistent and transparent basis.
- Must have proficiency in SQL.
- Basic understanding of database architecture, design and techniques.
- Proficient knowledge of backup and restore principles.
- Willing to take call and be available when scheduled for 24/7 response.
- Follow established processes and runbooks, as well as the desire and ability to improve documentation.
- Proactively identify areas to improve and work with other team members to architect and implement improvements.
- Perform tests and evaluations to ensure data security, integrity and privacy.
- Continually monitor for performance issues, security issues and stability.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and a working knowledge of administering database systems on Linux platforms.
- Respond to various alerts and take appropriate action.
- Willing to document processes and procedures in a clear and concise manner for yourself as well as other team members.
- Bash scripting proficiency and shell navigation.
- Effective problem solving skills and possess the ability to quickly assess critical/urgent situations.
- Basic understanding of virtualization architecture.
To be particularly competitive as a candidate, the following would be awesome:
- Specific RDBMS experience in Oracle, mySQL, Aurora.
- Experience with disaster recovery techniques and architectures.
- AWS experience including cloud formation.
- Articulate issues and solutions via remote conferencing tools.
- Data lake, change data capture and big data architectures.
- Experience automating VMware.