Category: Product/Project Management
Type: Fixed term contract
Deadline: 11-May-18 00:00:00
Under the overall direction and guidance of the Armenia National SDG Innovation Lab Lead and direct supervision of the UNDP Deputy Resident Representative, the incumbent will be responsible for the overall implementation of the Lab’s projects and activities.
In particular, s/he will be responsible for:
- Coordinating, leading, supervising, and monitoring the projects and activities being implemented in the framework of the SDG Innovation Lab.
- Creating effective communication channels and facilitating synergies between the different service lines and projects, partners and stakeholders of the Lab to enhance the role of the Lab as an open and participatory platform for SDG implementation and acceleration in Armenia.
- Ensuring the efficient operation of the Project Unit, including supervision of the project staff and consultants.
- Ensuring the development and efficient implementation of activities, as per the Project Document acting flexibly to adjust to implementing realities.
- Managing the Project budget and ensuring financial delivery.
- Ensuring that the Project is generating high quality evidence of impact by using methods appropriate for innovations at different stages of maturity, including randomisation and control groups where appropriate.
- Ensuring that the Project ventures are communicated effectively, identifying target audiences and developing and implementing strategies for engaging and influencing them;
- Liaising with the Government, regional and local authorities, NGOs, international partners and organizations to ensure participatory/platform approach for the development and implementation of project activities.
- Developing critical partnerships and networks for the specific thematic areas; participating in the activities of intergovernmental or other coordinating bodies.
- Preparing and submitting reports to the implementing and responsible partners, UNDP, and funding organizations on the financial and operational status of the Project.
- Supporting CSI and UNDP, within the SDG Lab scope, in providing guidance and technical expertise on the formulation of project strategies and proposals in the related fields.
- Contributing to the preparation of the office collective products, including policy papers, corporate planning and reporting tools, resource mobilization and advocacy materials, innovative and creative initiatives, blogs, interviews, etc.
- Providing knowledge-driven policy advice and services to CSI, UNDP, within the SDG Lab scope, in the related practice areas.
- Acting as project assets custodian and ensuring that the project assets are properly inventoried and reported to Armenia National SDG Innovation Lab Lead, through to the Board of the SDG Lab, and inter alia, CSI and UNDP.
- Performing other duties as required by SDG Innovation Lab, and through by CSI and UNDP, within the SDG Lab scope.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and commonly accepted corporate integrity and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates a passion and energy for development projects;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP and the SDG Innovation Lab, jointly agreed by the Government of Armenia, UNDP and the Centre for Strategic Initiatives;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- In-depth knowledge on development issues
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure.
- Advanced University degree in Development Studies, Law, Economics, International Studies, Management or other relevant discipline.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in project management and implementation. Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects across multiple policy areas, including using the latest development and innovative tools.
- Knowledge and previous experience in programming with elements of innovation and evidence based policy making, for example managing innovation platforms, labs or units encompassing several projects and diverse stakeholders/clients concurrently.
- Knowledge of the work of the Government and state agencies and of the United Nations and other international organizations in Armenia is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different social and cultural background and set good rapport with the Project counterparts.
- Ability to deliver and reach the planned targets without undermining proper operational processes.
- Creativity, flexibility and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Strong managerial skills, proven ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent skills in the use of computers and office software packages, good knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Languages: Written and oral fluency in English, Armenian and Russian.