Category: Project Management
Type: Fixed term contract
Deadline: 11-Feb-18 00:00:00
The Task Leader will be responsible for project coordination at the regional and national level, including annual planning, recruitment of the project expert team, procurement of goods and services organization of the workshops/trainings/consultations and reporting to UNDP, Donor and Steering Committee.
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support in developing detailed project work plan and relevant activities as per outputs; ensure efficient and timely implementation of those activities;
- Provide substantive support in identifying and recruiting the competent staff and subcontractors, formulate task's technical specifications, participate in selection processes;
- Lead, supervise, and monitor technical expert's team work, ensure timely delivery of outputs and conduct their performance appraisal for Regional and Armenia components of the project;
- Monitor and analyze the adequacy and content of the technical reports and project deliverables to achieve the project outcomes/outputs;
- Provide substantive support in the development of the project monitoring plan in line with the requirements indicated in the project document; support in developing TOR for final evaluation;
- Prepare progress reports in line with the project requirements for UNDP and Steering committee;
- Support Programme Coordinator in developing project terminal report;
- Liaise with the Government authorities, international partners to ensure participatory approach along the implementation process for achievement of project objectives.
- Provide technical backstopping and guidance to the national team of experts and subcontractors and supervise the work of technical experts.
- Coordinate the development of networking and information system activities relevant to the project implementation;
- Responsible for preparing analytical reports, background papers agendas, briefing and informative notes, and presentations in close cooperation with the Climate Change Programme Coordinator;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Advanced University Degree in the field of energy, engineering, business administration. The availability of Scientific Degree is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience at national or international level in project technical backstopping, planning, design, implementation and management.
- At least 7 years of working experience in the field energy efficiency and greenhouse gas mitigation issues;
- Experience in elabora¬tion/lo¬calization of energy efficiency regulatory documents and standards;
- Demonstrated ability in co-operating with different stakeholders at all levels, such as government and municipal officials, scientific institutions, NGOs, private sector and international institutions.
- Prior relevant experience with UNDP funded projects can be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Strong managerial and analytical skills; excellent coordination and collaboration skills, proven ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple activities and tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work independently and to participate effectively in a team based information sharing.
Excellent knowledge of Armenian, Russian and English. Exceptional writing skills. Ability to review, prepare, present training materials, oral presentations. Proven knowledge of communication tools, good writing skills, track record with producing research/analytical reports and papers.
Good knowledge of computer software (MS Office, and task relevant specific software).