Type: Full time
Deadline: 05-Aug-18 00:00:00
- The role holder is responsible for supporting Commercial Banking (CMB) Department in maximizing profitability via the use of actionable analytics to support key business objectives. The role holder is expected to support the line manager to deliver a prioritized and agreed project plan through a combination of using data, analyses and business judgment to develop, maintain and improve high quality & validated strategies. The role will also involve working closely with on shore and off shore teams that have a strong alignment with business needs.
- The role holder is expected to assist in establishing the data management vision, defining the prioritized roadmap to attain that vision and coordinating all activities necessary to implement the roadmap via building highly effective relationships with business stakeholders and increase team visibility around projects delivered.
- The role holder is expected to contribute towards building a centralised centre of excellence to develop knowledge management and effective customer segmentation strategies, via understanding of market trends/competition, customer profiles, attitudes and needs by advanced data analytics capabilities to maximize business profitability growth.
- Ownership of MI & Financial reporting functions within CMB.
- Assisting Management in execution of the financial management of CMB, including AOP planning, A&L management issues, transfer pricing and cost allocation issues, RWA (Risk Weighted Assets) optimization, segmentation, balance sheet optimization, capital management, etc.
- The role holder is responsible execute Financial Project Management function within CMB as assigned by the line manager.
- The role holder is responsible for the coordination and monitoring of the processes and workflows related to the creation of pricing proposals through Group required systems, existence of proper approval hierarchy and alignment of the key indicators (such as RORWA, ROE etc.) to the hurdle rates required by the Group. The role holder is responsible to act as a key contact and country coordinator for all types of projects linked to pricing.
- The role holder is responsible for the management of the relationship with international financial institutions including IFC, EBRD, EIB and others as relevant for funding management of CMB.
- The role holder is responsible to act as Record and Data Management coordinator of CMB.
- The role holder is responsible for the Product Governance of CMB.
- Uses own initiative to increase data availability and provide analytical inputs in support of business objectives.
- Analyses/MI shared with the business segments through appropriate commentary, validation & interpretation of results.
- Participates in the periodic evaluation of existing data management processes and procedures to suggest improvements where appropriate.
- Participates in assessing the relevance of ongoing deliverables and ensures alignment with stakeholder expectations.
- Maintains a good understanding of financial services industry and data management leading practices.
- Checking the appropriateness of all analysis requests to ensure business units are making the best possible decisions based on known information.
- Participates in the review of established project priorities and recommends adjustments when appropriate to ensure the highest value projects are being delivered.
- Works closely with other members of the team and line manager to ensure that activities are executed in line with business objectives and to ensure full understanding of requirements.
- University graduate (Master’s or Post Graduate Degree) in Business Administration, Economics, Banking or Finance.
- At least 3 years of related work experience in finance, banking and/or business environment.
- Evidenced and strong credit experience
- Excellent knowledge of finance, accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Excellent understanding of the lending products offered by the Bank.
- Strong ability and analytical skills in credit assessment, financial statement analysis and due diligence
- Ability to understand and interpret legal terminology and documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian, English and Russian languages.
- Familiarity with local business culture and environment is essential.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and ability to quickly adapt to new software applications.
- Well-developed analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language & financial impacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed capacity to influence senior teams
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure delivery of multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently under pressure within a team environment
- Ability to filter and prioritize multiple demands, resolve conflicts, and develop consensus
- Experience of applying analytical techniques to data to produce explanatory or predictive results
- Directly relevant analytical experience within financial services or an alternative data driven organization
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work on long, repetitive projects.
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions.
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve complex problems whilst adhering to timelines and quality of output.
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment especially in the financial services sector.