Deadline: 30-May-18 00:00:00
The job is based in Yerevan with frequent travel to marzes. The position will serve as Training and Development Officer (TDO) for the joint Project of UNICEF and Save the Children entitled "Building the Capacity of Social Service Workforce in Early Identification, Prevention and Response to Violence against Children" aimed at development and adoption of corresponding Training Manual with Referral Mechanisms and conduct a series of trainings for social workers at all levels. Under the direct supervision of SCA Country Team Leader, the TDO will be responsible for identification and recruitment of expert team, mapping of organizations from provinces and Yerevan engaged in social work, project-related training activities and carrying out specific responsibilities including organization and monitoring of trainings and other capacity building events, development and review of materials and tools. This position requires taking over technical and administrative/ logistical aspects of the recruitment, trainings and events. The TDO will work closely with UNICEF and partner organizations to ensure productive collaboration and successful implementation of the Project. The position also requires intensive travel throughout the country sometimes with overnight stay.
- Handle communication and working relations with stakeholders in all target marzes. Be responsible for organization of all types of trainings; ensure timely preparation of all documents and contracts associated with hiring experts and conducting training, including TORs, contracts, schedules, internal purchase requests, etc.;
- Schedule and oversee timely deliverables of experts; ensure publishing of materials is done in a timely manner; perform evaluations of the trainings, provide feedback to facilitators/ trainers, ensure that training results are properly documented;
- Together with Child Protection (CP) Expert oversee and monitor implementation of training sessions of ToTs and Cascade trainings for Social Service Workforce. Ensure alignment of trainings with the SC Armenia quality benchmarks;
- Support CP Expert in proper identification of local professionals and target audience for the trainings;
- Contribute to the development of timely periodic and final reports to donor and authorities, success stories and other PR materials;
- Ensure appropriate maintenance and updates of databases (materials database, partners' database, tools database, etc.);
- Perform other job-related tasks assigned by CP Expert and Country Team Leader.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Law or other related field;
- At least 3 years' experience with international organizations and state agencies performing similar role; work experience with UN programs is a plus;
- Proven experience in planning and implementation of donor-funded activities and programs;
- Experience in conducting trainings, information sessions, and other capacity building activities;
- Experience of working with marz-level authorities and communities is preferred;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Proven writing and editing skills both in English and Armenian languages;
- Excellent presentation skills in English and Armenian languages;
- Critical and creative thinking, as well as ability to work individually and productively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for stakeholders and colleagues;
- Flexible, responsive, deadline-oriented person, willing to perform other job-related duties and travel to marzes;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (MS Word and Excel) and data processing.