Deadline: 31-May-18 00:00:00
FAST is looking for a talented Innovation Analyst, who will be responsible for designing and conducting analyses that respond to the needs in innovation, acceleration, and incubation of science driven startups from idea stage to exit. The position requires quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting skills. The incumbent should have an understanding of hard and soft sciences, higher education, funding and investments, business models, and market drivers. Additional competencies include fluency in a range of technological tools used in assessment and institutional research such as statistical analysis software.
The successful candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to lead and implement projects, be able to collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and have a keen attention to detail, be analytical and easily recommend actions based upon the gathered data/ facts. The information and analyses prepared by the incumbent carry fiscal and policy implications. Reports and analyses are used to assist the Organization in planning and decision making.
The Innovation Analyst will contribute to the development of major growth initiatives, help frame innovation projects and assist in the full cycle of development and implementation of the programs.
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts;
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies;
- Develop program concepts and strategies, summarize project results;
- Prepare progress reports, dashboards, and business intelligence reports;
- Evaluate business plans, conduct screening and due diligence of startups;
- Evaluate innovation ideas, assess and generate proposals;
- Analyze outcomes and maintain relevant metrics to manage the innovation activity and benefits tracking;
- Keep up to date with scientific and technological developments;
- Run documentation of innovation processes, standards and governance.
- Master's degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science; PhD is preferred;
- At least 3 years of recent experience in deep research;
- Knowledge of business and investment processes and excellent critical thinking skills;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge;
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports;
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies;
- Demonstrable passion for technology, emerging technology and innovation;
- A self-starter who can be relied upon to complete assigned activities on time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Armenian and Russian languages.